Saturday 25 November 2017

ARTICLE: 4 Reasons to Give Thanks for God's Redeeming Work!


I’m not sure I fully understood redemption until now. I know God redeemed us, purchased us with His blood to wipe away our sins. I know redemption comes in the form of paying for one thing with something else, such as Jesus Christ purchasing my life with His sacrifice on the cross. This redemption is a gift beyond any we could ever comprehend.

But there’s another redemption in God’s plan for those of us who love Him. It’s the redemption of the pain in this world, the blessings that come to those of us who love Him to repay us for our trouble and our pain. It’s the fulfillment of His promise that all things work for good to those who love Him (Romans 8:28 ). It’s the redemption of our past hurts, our past pains.

And that’s the heart of our good God, the One who loves us and redeems the hurts and pains of this life.
Come back to the place of safety, all you prisoners who still have hope! I promise this very day that I will repay two blessings for each of your troubles. Zechariah 9:12

I am certain I could walk through scripture and find many examples of how God blesses His children with good gifts after they’ve walked through unbelievable trials. He promises beauty for ashes (Isaiah 61:3 ), new mercies each morning (Lamentations 3:22 ). We know weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning (Psalm 30:5).


ALSO SEE: What Is Your Life? By Bishop Fred Okhimamhe

SHARE THIS

Author:

0 comments: